MARENGO, Oh. - The Emmanuel College clay target team traveled to the Cardinal Center to compete in the SCTP National Championship. Despite the cold and wet weather, the Lions successfully defended their title by breaking 2,769 out of 3,000 targets.
The three day event consisted of 200 trap singles, 200 sporting clays and 200 skeet for the main event. Additionally, the teams shot 50 bunker trap and 50 5-stand.
- 1st in Division 3 team event.
- 1st in sporting clays led by Mark Beardsley, Evan Milford, Wyatt Hargrove, Colton Evans and Reese Duffell.
- 1st in Bunker Trap led by Beardsley, Duffell, Milford, Austin Cosper and Austin Dyer.
- 1st in 5-stand led by Evans, Hargrove, Milford, Beardsley and Duffell.
- 3rd in skeet led by Milford, Hargrove, Beardsley, Dyer and Duffell.
The seniors had the strongest performances over the weekend with Beardsley breaking 566/600 and Milford breaking 562/600.
The Lions will continue action in January at the ACUI Western Super Shoot/ USAS Qualifier in Tucson, Arizona.
For more news on Emmanuel College Athletics, visit goeclions.com.